Who Else is Stressed Out?
5 Easy Ways to Lower your Stress Level THAT WORK:
- Exercise: Want to combat stress and get some aggression out? How about exercise? It sounds counterintuitive to but your body through stress to relieve stress, but it’s true! Fight cortisol and lower it by exercise. It also helps you sleep which reduces the hormone in your body. Exercise also brings about endorphin release, to make you feel calmer and happier. Want to also feel better about yourself? Use exercise to give you a confidence boost and upgrade your self-image!
- Meditate: This technique has so many benefits, yet so many people don’t want to try it or haven’t found the resources to get them started in the right way. Meditation reduces stress by relaxing the mind and increases awareness around you by developing concentration. This can be set to music and can be guided. Get ready to control your stress and anxiety – namaste!
- Spend time with your pet: There are quite a few benefits to spending time with an animal. First, caring for something other than yourself brings feelings of satisfaction and calm. Being around an animal has been medically proven to lower blood pressure, a physical measure of stress. Pet owners get more exercise, they feel needed, suffer less loneliness, and pets fulfill the need for touch, which can be comforting!
- Deep Breathing; Mental stress activates your sympathetic nervous system, signaling your body to go into “fight-or-flight” mode. During this reaction, stress hormones are released and you experience physical symptoms such as a faster heartbeat, quicker breathing, and constricted blood vessels. Deep breathing exercises can help activate your parasympathetic nervous system, which controls the relaxation response.
- Laugh: Did you know that laughing helps you feel less anxious? It’s hard to be stressed when laughing and it relieves muscular tension. People who laugh not only improve their mood but also their immunity! A cancer study found that patients involved were experienced more stress relief when laughing than simply distracted. Find a great comedy to watch, and try to find humor in everyday life!
Join our Facebook Group for great workouts and tips while on lockdown!